Pages

background

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Racecars

racecars

racecars

racecars

racecars


I took Mac to Lowes this morning to make the Lowebot - a race car robot, and was surprised to see Carl Edwards 99 Scotts Ford Fusion out in the parking lot. Its an actual car that has been raced, but it was also cleaned up for show. I guess they are starting to make the rounds, getting promotions in before the Atlanta race next weekend.


We had a good time making the lowebot and an even better time just looking at the real race car. I apologize that there aren't better pictures of Mac, but he was insistent on wearing his apron AND goggles starting when we were getting ready to leave the house, and he wouldn't look at me very much - more interested in looking at the car. Mac mostly just stood there and said "whoa" over and over, but he did manage to ask if he could see the engine. Ok, so maybe I asked, but either way, they let us look at it. They mentioned possibly firing it up a little later, but weren't sure when, or even if, they would do that. They were worried about bending the pushrods if the engine was too cold. Plus, they've gotten in trouble in the past for firing it up and scaring an unaware customer with the loud engine.


I also got to meet one of Mac's friends from his school. Its always neat to see how he reacts to seeing someone "out of place." Both he and Blake recognized each other and were able to introduce the dads.


One last thing - I've been trying to teach him to say "Boogity, boogity, boogity, let's go racin' boys!" He doesn't even come close, but he tries with such enthusiasm, its pretty cute.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I miss alot of good stuff when I'm at work!

Sharon said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mac!
Nana & Grandpa