Pages

background

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Meat Week

I recently learned of a holiday that we should all celebrate - Meat Week.
You can learn more about it here.

Basically, it is a week long celebration of meat, primarily barbecue.
The group meets at various restaurants each day of the week to enjoy some good food and friendship.

I felt it was my duty as a dad to take Mac to at least one of the events.  It just so happened that we have friends who recently opened a BBQ place nearby in Statham and they would be hosting Meat Week on Friday night.
So, we braved the rain and headed out to Big Al's Pit BBQ.

Mac loved it!  He also took great joy in telling Big Al "Happy Meat Week!"
He and Samantha had sandwiches while I opted for the rib plate.
I thought it would make a good picture if I got Mac to pose with one of the ribs off my plate.
It would have been a much better picture if we brought a real camera instead of just my phone.
The really bad/funny thing is that I gave him a rib with about half the meat still on it. I thought he might taste it and not have a lot of interest.
How wrong I was!  When the rib got back to me, it was clean!  Mac had gotten every last bit of meat off the bone and then continued to eat his.  We've already been back with some family and will make several more trips to enjoy good BBQ.



No comments: