Pages

background

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

She's here!



Doug is getting dinner with Mac and our families and so Maggie and I are alone for the first time. I sit here just looking at her and feeling amazed.
I am overwhelmed with love for her. Even though she spit up the minute they walked out the door, and refused to eat because she wouldn't wake up except to spit up more, and she dirtied her diaper the second I finished fastening on a new one.
It's no wonder that I love Mac so much. He is an amazing kid and so smart and loving. He makes me laugh and gives me hugs and kisses all the time.
It's more of a mystery as to why I love this tiny bundle in my lap. And yet I already love her fiercely and I want to do everything to take care of her. It's just such an amazing feeling. I guess thats why God calls us his children. We can do nothing for him and yet he loves us unconditionally.
What a wonderful day! Our family is truly blessed.

No comments: