Pages

background

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Everything...And the kitchen sink


First, in Maggie News, she is rolling over!  She can flip both ways, we think this might be a little early since she is not quite 3 months old yet.  Actually she has been doing it since last week, I'm just a little behind.  (I just checked and Mac was getting close to 4 months when he rolled back the other way)

Now a funny Mac story.  Mac has been helping with cooking a good bit lately.  He especially loves to help make desserts.  (shocking I know)  Last night I got home from work and Mac came running wanting me to see what he made.  While Doug was feeding Maggie, Mac was apparently "cooking" in the kitchen.  He  had a dish and a spice rack.  He nearly emptied some of the spices (the celery salt must have poured better than the others because its almost gone).  



I know that it looks like dirt.  I really thought he had been outside getting sand at first.  He was so proud of the "dessert" that he had made.  I tried really hard to keep a straight face while talking to him about it, but I ended up crying I was laughing so hard.  I wasn't sure how to tell him that we couldn't eat it for dessert without hurting his feelings.  He actually tried a pinch of it and said it tasted great!


And finally...last night when going to bed Mac said "let's thank God for stuff."  He started listing things:  pillows, covers, crayons, bookshelves...and the kitchen sink.  :)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

That kid cracks me up. Love y'all!

Jessica said...

Love that little cook! If only my husband would eat that meal every night, I could definitely prepare it every night:) Easy prep for sure!