Pages

background

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Birthday party season

As young adults there is a definite "wedding season" every year. I didn't know this, but as kids there is a "birthday party season". We get more than enough invitations so we don't crash any.

Saturday was a rare day when Samantha had to work and Mac had 2 parties to go to. On one hand, this put a lot on my plate, but on the other hand, I was glad to have something to do.

We started the day with baths for both kids. Mac felt it was important to "shave" for the big day. Maggie loves to stand up by the tub and watch Mac play.


Party #1 was at the zoo here in Athens.
Maggie was less than impressed with the outdoor portion of the party.


However, she was very interested in the pizza and cake. I learned a valuable lesson: finish feeding Maggie BEFORE unstrapping her.


Thankfully, all 3 of us were able to take naps when we got home so we were well rested for party #2. This party was at a local gymnastics center. Basically they open the gym and let the kids run free.

Maggie conquers the menacing foam ramp.


From her vantage point, she's able to watch Mac swing from the bar into the foam pit.



She also watches him jump off the vault into the foam pit. I was really excited and proud to see him do this because he did it all by himself. I thought I'd have to talk him into trying it. Turns out, he loved it and it was hard tearing him away from this. I was only mildly jealous that I couldn't give it a try.



Maggie couldn't let all the big kids enjoy the foam pit without joining in.


She also wowed everyone there with her impressive strength. I'm holding her in this picture, but she managed to hang on even when I let go.


Maggie also LOVED when we bounced on the trampoline. I wanted more pictures of Mac, like when he touched the snake and rat at the zoo, but holding one wiggly child while trying to capture action shots doesn't work well at all.
I will say that he was AWESOME all day, helping me with things for Maggie, feeding himself, going to the bathroom by himself, listening, and taking a great nap. He makes it possible to take both kids out by myself

No comments: