Pages

background

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Growing up



Mac is growing up. I know this is ground breaking, stop the presses type of information, but today was one of those days that made me very aware of this fact.

The day started with an imaginary story time where Mac brought in a chair and most of his books. He then said "Good morning friends (that's what they call each other at school), who brought a book today? Raise your hands. Then he picked up a book and said, "I think ____ brought this one." He would read it, turning it so his friends could see and then repeat the whole thing.
It's fun to watch his imagination at work.



Then, we went to a 3 year old's birthday party for a girl from his class at school. This meant getting to spend a good bit of time with the parents I typically just see in passing at the end of the day. It also meant getting to see how the kids interact in person, not just the hard to understand stories we sometimes get at home.

The party was at Pump It Up, a warehouse full of inflatable bounce houses, slides, obstacle courses, etc. Mac was slow to get comfortable, but when he did, he went 100 miles an hour. He did insist that I do most of the things with him and only had to mildly twist my arm. We especially liked the obstacle course that ended with a slide.


Another part of growing up is starting to contribute, so I decided it's time for Mac to start pulling some of his own weight around the house. To accomplish this today, I got him to help me wash my car. He liked it so much he wanted to wash his truck too.




Overall, I felt pretty good about today. As I was telling Samantha about it all, I realized that Mac didn't watch any TV today, not even part of a movie. This may seem like nothing, but TV is so easy, especially on the days Samantha has to work, so I was pretty excited about that fact.

2 comments:

Lolly said...

Yes, he is definitely growing up and it's fun to watch even though it's hard to let go of our babies! Makes you realize why some parents just keep having "one more" child. I really miss the little munchkin too!

Jessica said...

My car could use a good wash if ya'll are available:) Haha. Love all the growing up pictures! The TV thing cracks me up because I also feel very accomplished if I don't watch any TV in a day:) Overall sounds like a great day with daddy!