Pages

background

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankfulness

Mac is deeply into the "why?" stage, something we are possibly enduring more than enjoying.  Don't get me wrong I love that he asks questions and wants to know about things, but after you have answered the same question for the 5th or 20th time it gets a little old.

Something else he is into that is more enjoyable is his thankfulness.  I think it started at Christmas with him telling everyone thank you for his gifts.  He still forgets to say thank you sometimes when he asks for his cup or little things like that.  Its completely adorable though when he thanks you for something random.

This morning he told me thank you for getting more yogurt at the grocery store.  He will also tell me thank you for picking out his jersey for him to wear to school or any number of things that happen during the day.  Our favorite was in the car the other day when Mac told Doug that he appreciated Doug packing his toy.  It took us a moment to comprehend what he was saying.  Mostly we just didn't expect him to use such a big word.  But he did it correctly and pretty clearly too.

So I guess we are thankful for his thankfulness.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You didn't say "Do you know the definition of appreciation? Define it and use it in another sentence?" hahaha always kept me on my toes