Pages

background

Sunday, October 25, 2009

No photographs please

We won't have any pictures, but there are a couple of new developments here in Bogart.
One is that Mac is showing more and more interest in the toilet. He will sit down on his potty and "wipe." This would be much more exciting if he was actually doing something, but its a start.

The other is that we finally started reading him a Bible story each night. We read a story out of The One Year Bible Storybook given to Mac by Samantha's Mema. I like to joke about it being an autographed copy of the Bible since Virginia Muir did actually sign it.

This is something that always intimidated me. I wasn't sure how to do any kind of Bible study that he would get anything out of. To be honest, I don't know that he is now, but I just figured that it can't have any impact if we don't try something. Maybe he is getting something out of it - he sits still and listens intently while we read. After our Bible story he will fold his hands and bow his head for bedtime prayers. He will also do this at mealtime and then finish with a barely audible "amen." Its really cute to see.

I find that even though I'm almost 20 months into being a parent I don't feel like I have any answers - just more questions. I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon, if ever. So, if anyone has suggestions on potty training and/or meaningful Bible study for a toddler, I'd love to hear them.

2 comments:

Lolly said...

I don't have any great words of wisdom but just to say that effort does pay off in the long run, so just keep doing what your instincts tell you is right! As with any "Bible study" what starts out just being a nice story in the infancy or new stage begins to mean more the longer you study.

Doug said...

Thanks for the advice and the encouragement.