Pages

background

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Saturdays with Daddy

I love UGA football weekends.
I hate the weekends that Samantha has to work.

Having a UGA home game can be a saving grace for those weekends that she has to work.
Mac and I are not good at sitting around the house. For one thing, we tend to make a mess and neither of us is good at cleaning them up.
UGA home games give us a reason to get out of the house and visit with friends.

Last weekend there was no UGA game and Samantha had to work.
I decided to take Mac to run some errands including a trip to Lowe's. I had no reason for the trip other than to waste time, but we were in for a treat.

Lowe's has a program for kids called Build and Grow. I asked and was told that there isn't really an age limit, so I signed us up. They gave us a miniature apron, hammer, and goggles. He got to keep the apron and was given a badge for completion which will go on the apron.
The project was called Frankenstring. Its a Halloween magic trick.


This isn't Mac's finished project - his includes several more "scars" from Mac using the wrong side of the hammer on the face. Nevertheless, he had a good time and we are looking forward to doing these workshops in the future. We might even check out the similar program across the street at Home Depot.


Mac was saying "cheese" here, but my cellphone camera leaves a little to be desired. It has absolutely nothing to do with my lack of photography skill/talent.

I should tell you that I think Mac's favorite part of going to Lowe's was pushing the cart by himself. I can't blame him - without extra money to spend that is usually my favorite part too.



No comments: